23 November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

This is one of my favorite times of the year!  The weather gets colder, leaves start to change colors and fall off the trees, and families plan large get-togethers.  It's a time to remember what we're thankful for and to enjoy good food, family, fellowship, and football (GO COWBOYS!) in the process!

I decided to enter this week's Whimsical Twist grateful challenge, so I followed this sketch from Sketch-n-Scrap:
I pulled out some brown ribbon (I promise the ribbon really is brown!) from my stash and my Bo Bunny FAVE fall papers--Forever Fall--and created this:
I wanted to finish things off, so I added a sentiment to the inside
and an image to the envelope.

This will be going in the mail on Monday to a former student of mine who is a resident of our local Sheriff's Girl's Ranch.  She's had quite a few things happen in her life, so I'm trying to give her some encouragement right now.

The stamps are from the Bountiful Blessings set from There She Goes Clear Stamps, and I used Ranger Archival Ink in coffee.  The leaf charms came from my friend Danni in an RAK (Thanks, Danni!), and they fit perfectly on my card!  I'll also be entering this in the "Thanksgiving" monthly card challenge at the Yahoo group Scrappin' 'n' Chattin'.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure to come back on Thanksgiving Day (November 28) and again on Saturday, November 30, as I'm participating in a "12 Days of Christmas" blog hop, and I'll have a different Christmas project (and a giveaway!) to share with you each day.  Happy scrapping, everyone!

12 comments:

Sandi said...

I love this card Ashley!! Those Bo Bunny papers ROCK (I am still hoarding mine and afraid to use them!!) and the leaves are the perfect embellishment. How kind of you to offer encouragement to someone who needs it. I am sure she will be touched by the card and the caring spirit in which it was sent. Thank you for joining our challenge at Whimsical Twist.

Lisa in Texas said...

What a great pick me up for this young lady! Your card is super cute, I love the color combo and sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Kristie said...

Beautiful card, Ashley. Like Sandi, I'm hoarding some of the same Bo Bunny papers lol. I hope your student enjoys this card. You are so sweet to be an encouraging person to her.

Kerry said...

Not only have you created a wonderful card but you are cheering some up at the same time. You are an inspiration. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Very pretty! love your papers too! Thanks for joining us at the Whimsical Twist Thankful Challenge! Hope to see you again!
Lisa

Debbie P said...

You did such a beautiful job on your card! I love those BB pp's! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Ruth G said...

Beautiful card! I think that your former student will feel very blessed when she sees it! Thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

So great colors and elements. Love this card. So glad you played along with us at Sketch N Scrap.
xx Ria

Tamika said...

The wonderful colors you chose for this card alone would lift anyone's spirits, great work! Thank you for joining us at Sketch~n~Scrap!

Kelly said...

Oh wow, what a super sweet card and fabulous take on the sketch! I am sure it is bound to lift her spirits! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What beautiful card Ashley. Love the colors and bellies. WTG!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at
Sketch- N-Scrap!
xxx

Unknown said...

Super cute! Love your paper choice! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!