05 May 2014

Linnie Blooms May Challenge--Flowers!

Happy Cinco de Mayo, everyone!  I can't believe it's May already!  Hopefully this month will be a little calmer than April, with all the storms at the end of the month.  Please continue to keep the residents of Mayflower and Vilonia, Arkansas, in your thoughts and prayers (along with other communities) as they rebuild after the devastating tornadoes.

I'm here today with my first Design Team post for Linnie Blooms!  The challenge for the Design Team this month is to show what we can do with Linnie Blooms flowers.  I decided to use one of the smaller flowers I received to make a Mother's Day card for my mother-in-law.





I've never worked with canvas ANYTHING before, so it was definitely a challenge!  Check out the mess I made while trying to work with the glue I decided on:


Oh, mercy!  It took a while to finally clean this up, and my flower was at one point completely BURIED beneath this glob of white glue!  LOL!

I thought I'd try something different this time for my supplies.  Instead of making a list, I took a pictures:

   

 







I really enjoyed working with my products from Linnie Blooms, and I can't WAIT to work with them more!  Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Donna K said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card, Ashley…and your mess. I've been in the same boat when trying something new, but hey…live and learn, right? The end result is…beauty! Love how you shared close ups of your pretty flower! Have a happy, less messy, day today! :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Ashley! I love your challenge take. Try Aleene's Fabric Fusion adhesive. I LOVE IT!